There are many things in your home that require regular maintenance. You probably will think of your kitchen appliances or even your heating and/or cooling system first before considering your plumbing. However, your plumbing is probably one of the most important things to get annual maintenance on. Here are 5 reasons why it is a good idea to keep up with your plumbing maintenance.
- Water Heater Inspection. Your water heater works around the clock and requires yearly inspections to make sure it is working properly. Yours may need to be tuned and tweaked so it will work more efficiently. Your water heater will be one of the first things to give out before your pipes and other plumbing, so it is important to take care of it so it will last.
- Water/Sewer Line Leaks. If there are any issues with your water or sewer line, you may not know it until it is too late. To avoid having costly repairs on your hands due to water, or even worse, sewer damage, it is important to have your water and sewer lines checked annually.
- Extend the Life of Your Plumbing. Shuddering and excess water pressure can strain your pipes and joints, leading to the potential of pipes bursting. This will result in water leaks, which will also affect your appliances when water builds up in the base of the appliance. Having annual maintenance will help keep your plumbing in good shape, therefore extending its lifespan and helping you to avoid these issues.
- Value of Your Home. When you go to sell your home, there is nothing worse than finding a plumbing issue that compromises your plumbing system. Good plumbing is 10% of your home’s value. Scheduling annual plumbing maintenance can help keep your home’s worth where you want it.
- Higher Bill Costs. When you have a water leak in your home, whether it be in a main water line or a dripping faucet, it can cost you a chunk of change with your water bill. Every bit of water loss in a year can waste up to 3000 gallons of water. Think of how much money you could save if you decided to keep up with your plumbing maintenance.
As you can see, scheduling annual plumbing maintenance can benefit you in a lot of ways. These are just a few examples of ways proper maintenance can save you money in the long run. So, if your plumbing is due for some maintenance, give us a call here today at Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Southern Pines, and we’ll make sure everything is running smoothly.