Backflow is a serious issue that requires immediate fixing. Backflow is basically when water in your home is no longer flowing in the correct direction. If you are experiencing this issue, you may have dirty and potentially contaminated water coming out of your toilets, sinks, and bathtubs.
In order to help prevent this from happening, we have provided you with five backflow prevention tips. Following these backflow prevention tips will help to keep your home or commercial property operating correctly without water issues. Our backflow prevention tips are:
- Garden Hoses – You will want to make sure that all of your garden hoses have some kind of backflow prevention.
- Air Gap – When all of your appliances are installed, they should be installed with an air gap. Making sure this is done properly will help to prevent backflow issues.
- Filters – If you have filters in your home for your water, be sure to change them per the manufacturer’s instructions. Not doing so can allow for harmful bacteria to enter your water.
- Puddles – Never allow you garden hoses to create puddles of water. This can contaminate the hose.
- Backflow Devices – There are several different backflow devices that can be installed in your home to help prevent issues with backflow. If backflow prevention is needed, then we highly recommend speaking with a professional plumber to have a backflow prevention device installed.
If you need help with backflow prevention, give us a call at Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Southern Pines. Our experienced, professional, and caring staff can help you with all of your plumbing concerns.